Регистрация Пользователи Поиск Сообщения за день Все разделы прочитаны

07.01.2012, 15:19
Помогите перевести фразы на английский
administrator
Главный барабашка

Вес репутации: 10
administrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud of
Хочу сделать англоязычную версию игры «Угадай мелодию!», есть сложности с некоторыми фразами и абзацами. Переведите, плиз, на английский красиво, в своих силах я не настолько уверен.

1. «Рекорды в игре по песням {artistName}»

2. ««Угадай мелодию!» — игра по мотивам всем известной передачи. Выбираете любого исполнителя на нашем сайте и если у нас представлено достаточно песен этого артиста или группы, вы можете сыграть в игру «Угадай мелодию!». Правила очень простые. Наугад выбирается одна из песен исполнителя и дается 7 вариантов ответа. Чем быстрее вы угадаете что это за песня, тем больше очков получите в случае правильного ответа.»

3. «Я набрал {points} очков (из 5000) в игре «Угадай мелодию!» (По песням: {artist})» (для твиттера и прочих)

4. «Вы правильно ответили на {rightAnswers} вопрос и набрали {points} очков»

5. «К сожалению, мы считаем, что ваш результат неправдоподобен и получен нечестным путем. Если вы набрали данное количество очков честным путем, пожалуйста, сообщите об этом администрации сайта и в <a href="http://thenewworld.ru/en/crch.html">центр сверхчеловеческих способностей» (ыыы, я и забыл про этот прикол ).

6. «К сожалению, у данного исполнителя слишком мало песен на сайте.»

7. «Угадайте, что это за песня? Чем быстрее вы угадаете, тем больше очков вы получите за этот раунд.»

Буду очень признателен!
07.01.2012, 22:58
LaRousse
Super Moderator

Вес репутации: 71
LaRousse will become famous soon enough
Отправить сообщение для LaRousse с помощью ICQ
1. «{artistName} high scores» или «High scores for {artistName}»

2. ««Guess the tune!» is a game based on a well-known TV programme. Choose any artist and if it has enough songs presented, you can play «Guess the tune!» game. The rules are very simple. You are given a random song to listen to and 7 variants of its name. The faster you guess the song, the more points you will get if the answer is right.»

3. «I got {points} points (of 5000) in «Guess the tune!» game (For songs of: {artist})»

4. «You gave {rightAnswers} right answers and got {points} points»

5. «Unfortunately, we consider your score unlikely and achieved in a dishonest manner. If we are wrong, please, contact the site administration and <a href="http://thenewworld.ru/en/crch.html">the centre of superhuman powers».

6. «Unfortunately, this artist has not enough songs presented.»

7. «Guess the song! The faster you guess, the more points you will get for this round.»

примерно так но, может, кто-нибудь еще предложения внесет.
LaRousse вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
07.01.2012, 23:16
administrator
Главный барабашка

administrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud ofadministrator has much to be proud of
А я думал название перевести как "Guess Melody"...
07.01.2012, 23:25
LaRousse
Super Moderator

можно и melody, думаю. Просто мне по звучанию и по контексту больше нравится tune.
А только что пробила в гугле. Оказывается, зарубежный аналог так называется.
07.01.2012, 23:31
administrator
Главный барабашка

О, отлично, тогда так и назовем
11.01.2012, 06:56
Morzh Misha
Гость

Цитата:
Сообщение от LaRousse Посмотреть сообщение
1. «{artistName} high scores» или «High scores for {artistName}»

2. ««Guess the tune!» is a game based on a well-known TV programme. Choose any artist and if it has enough songs presented, you can play «Guess the tune!» game. The rules are very simple. You are given a random song to listen to and 7 variants of its name. The faster you guess the song, the more points you will get if the answer is right.»

3. «I got {points} points (of 5000) in «Guess the tune!» game (For songs of: {artist})»

4. «You gave {rightAnswers} right answers and got {points} points»

5. «Unfortunately, we consider your score unlikely and achieved in a dishonest manner. If we are wrong, please, contact the site administration and <a href="http://thenewworld.ru/en/crch.html">the centre of superhuman powers».

6. «Unfortunately, this artist has not enough songs presented.»

7. «Guess the song! The faster you guess, the more points you will get for this round.»

примерно так но, может, кто-нибудь еще предложения внесет.
There are other smaller problems, but I will just point to a couple:

1. "Choose any artist and if it has enough songs presented, - " this implies that you call the artist "it". Artist is not "it". It is either "he" or "she", or "the artist".
Now, obviously you tried to use it in reference to the "game" from the previous sentence. But with the "artist" being in between, this does not work.
You need to re-phrase.

2. "You are given a random song to listen to and 7 variants of its name" - the first thing I thought that the song indeed may have 7 different names. Which it does not. What the Russian sentence says is that you are given 7 answers, and only one of them is correct.

PS> The other problems are smaller.
PPS> I would have a problem with the whole concept of #5, that is "we think you are a dishonest person, but feel free to try to prove otherwise".
I also have the problem with both Russian verbiage and its Russian translation.
Extremely offensive, both of them.
Even if you want to let a pesron know, that his results are too good to be true, there are other ways to phrase this.
11.01.2012, 14:14
LaRousse
Super Moderator

Цитата:
Сообщение от Morzh Misha Посмотреть сообщение
There are other smaller problems, but I will just point to a couple:

1. "Choose any artist and if it has enough songs presented, - " this implies that you call the artist "it". Artist is not "it". It is either "he" or "she", or "the artist".
Now, obviously you tried to use it in reference to the "game" from the previous sentence. But with the "artist" being in between, this does not work.
You need to re-phrase.

2. "You are given a random song to listen to and 7 variants of its name" - the first thing I thought that the song indeed may have 7 different names. Which it does not. What the Russian sentence says is that you are given 7 answers, and only one of them is correct.

PS> The other problems are smaller.
PPS> I would have a problem with the whole concept of #5, that is "we think you are a dishonest person, but feel free to try to prove otherwise".
I also have the problem with both Russian verbiage and its Russian translation.
Extremely offensive, both of them.
Even if you want to let a pesron know, that his results are too good to be true, there are other ways to phrase this.
morzh, thanks for corrections!
I agree with the second one. At first, I was going to write just "7 variants", but then I thought that is wasn't enough. "7 answers" is definitely better.

But I won't agree with the 1st one. I may be wrong, but the reason I chose "it" to indicate the "artist" was that it is not a real animate person who we talk about in this game, it is his or her image, or representation, that we use in the context of the game.
Anyway, if you offer some re-phrased variants, I think, Rodion will be glad, as it is him who needs to see whole sentences in good English.

And the phrase #5. I don't consider it extremely offensive in Russian, just a joke.
12.01.2012, 02:08
morzh

Вес репутации: 0
morzh is on a distinguished road
Цитата:
Сообщение от LaRousse Посмотреть сообщение

I may be wrong,
You are. Just trust me on that one.
morzh вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме